View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
Brody602
Drift King

Drives: '13 Firestorm FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Frequently Asked Questions:
(Please note: Some of the answers provided are borrowed from other users, not just me.)
Q. How do I add extra PID's?
A. Open the Torque app and then hit the menu button. Select "Manage extra PIDs/Sensors" (should be second from the bottom).

Hit the menu key again and select "Add custom PID". Enter the PID information provided (And a full and short name of your choice).

Hit ok. The parameter will now be available for logging and real time display.

Q. How accurate are the readings, are they trustworthy?
A. Generally speaking any sensor related information should be accurate considering it is coming directly from your ECU. There is a slight lag/delay in receiving the information but nothing major, unless your racing competitively you may want actual gauges. I've tested the Boost and AFR gauges for accuracy in my brothers EVO X in comparison with his in car gauges, the readings I was getting on my tablet matched perfectly his in car gauges. When it comes to WHP that is a calculation based on the car specific information you input into the app, for an accurate reading, you'd to input exact weight, max RPM ect. The same applies to any other non sensor calculations.

Q. Will we be able to monitor Boost levels even if our car isn't a factory forced induction system?
A. Yes it shouldn't be an issue, our MAP sensor is what calculates these values. We are able to monitor our Vacuum produced and Boost is the same value as Vacuum except Vacuum is a negative value and Boost is a positive value therefore it should display real time boost information with any setup.

Q. The PID I've entered is in Celcius can I switch it to Fahrenheit?
A. Yes. To change the read out to Fahrenheit, go to Settings -> Units on the main screen for Torque and uncheck the checkmark that says something along the lines of Display In Celsius. All temperature readouts should change to Fahrenheit correctly.

Q. I don't have an option for OBD header in the custom PID, do I need this?
A. For certain PID's such as Engine Oil Temperature you need to input OBD header information, you'll need to purchase the Torque Pro App in order to be able to enter the OBD header information.

Custom made themes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credit to GT86vs944
  • Metric theme:Toyota_GT86_Theme_RC1.zip
    To use it you just need to extrackt the zip-file into the \.torque\themeDir folder. The folder might be hidden, so make sure your filebrowser shows also hidden files.
  • Dashboard:Toyota_GT86_Dashboard_metric_RC1.dash
    Put this file into the folder \.torque\dashboards\, then start Torque and got to "Realtime Information" > "Settings" choose "Layout Settings" and import the Layout/Dashboard.
In the imperial theme there is also 0-60mph time and 1/4 mile time on the "Home Screen".

They look like this:

Last edited by Brody602; 02-06-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Brody602 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Brody602 For This Useful Post:
5hairpins (02-07-2013), 6pack (10-28-2014), ali (03-16-2015), ChiefG (09-03-2014), CxG (01-12-2017), mit_peid (02-09-2014), nexusatm (08-19-2015), ultra (12-17-2013)