View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
cobrabyte

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Took my car through my usual driving 'circuit' today and can feel an immense difference with these bushing inserts installed. I had originally only installed the rearmost inserts to see if there was a measurable difference in the ButtDyno™. With the rearmost inserts installed, the car feels a little firmer -- especially off of launches. I went ahead and installed the forward inserts yesterday and can report a HUGE difference.

The car flies off the line now. I've daily-driven a Lotus Elise and can say that the car is beginning to feel as quick off the line as my Elise did. It'll punch you into the seat and keep you there. Gear shifts are noticeably better -- more precise. I didn't expect a change there and it's a pleasant surprise.

I simply cannot believe how 8 simple inserts can drastically change the overall feel of a car but Whiteline has come through. Big time. It's takes all the play out of the shift response. You get power -- now. No more wishy-washy feeling.

With power comes responsibility: you will notice the rear end being a little bit more tail-happy but, if you've driven RWD vehicles before, you'll appreciate it. This car has so much more potential and it's fantastic that small, inexpensive modifications like this are adding up huge.

Combine this kit with the Perrin shifter bushing and you've got a great combo. I'm going to install Whiteline's positive shift bushing sometime next month and I'm sure it'll just get better. I'll report back when I've done that.