View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #22
madfast

Drives: 2010 Evo X MR-T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie11 View Post
Test drove the Veloster at this weekend's OC Auto Show in Anaheim. It's smooth, zippy, and has higher quality interior materials than any Scion. Back seat had plenty of space, and there's no shitty hump in the floor for your passengers to climb over. The 3rd door is pretty cool, and is ample enough for an adult who is shorter than 6ft. Trunk space is decent enough to fit groceries. The ride height is pretty nice for stock (it looks like a lowered car). The panoramic sunroof is really nice, because it's actually a roof, as opposed to a flimsy flip floppy piece of leather that you pull back. You actually press a button and the roof slides back, like in my Honda Prelude. The glass itself goes pretty far back too, so it's great for evening drives. The front doors have funny handles that are really useful for closing your door. Also, near your kneecaps is a handle, as opposed to what we're used to (the handle that you'd have to raise your arm to grasp.) The Style Package is the best bang for buck. Noone really needs backup cams/navigation/auto headlights/etc.

**This car is definitely my alternative to the FT/FRS/BRZ because the Scion lady said that it'll be around $25k + $2000 for tax/title/license/etc., which is too much for me. The Veloster will come out to be around 22ish OTD, I think.

Pretty cool car, for a Hyundai. They're stepping up their game, cuz all the cars I saw at the show (Sonata, Elantra, Genesis R Spec, and even the Tuscon looked really cool). Unlike the American car companies, Hyundai is copying the right designs lol.
when i sat in the back i thought it was cramped. and the 3rd door is kinda small too. the worst part of the car is the stupid rear window. like the CR-Z its split and i cant imagine how annoying it would be to live with... that said, i cant wait to see what the turbo version will be like!
madfast is offline   Reply With Quote