Old 05-02-2019, 08:43 AM   #25
Jdmuscle

Drives: Supra, Viper, Z06, GT350 and GX460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Until they release a "Final Edition".

I do get the gist of your whining LOL but here is another perspective. The twins were designed purposefully leaving some performance on the table , opening the door to many aftermarket vendors.
Although not on the power end of things, Toyota and Subaru have launched so many different special/upgraded models on this vehicle that they too in fact have contributed to the customization factor. Think about it, with the relative numbers produced, many/most special edition owners don't spot the same vehicle locally. So, you have factory OEM quality cosmetic modifications packaged with upgraded HVAC etc. I think it's a great and unique way to offer a vehicle and more effort/trouble for the manufacturers yet they do it for a reasonable cost. You don't like? How about BRZ TS + JRSC + oil cooler= Done!
Lol, not whining at all.. just asking about the life of this platform given that we haven’t even seen a test mule etc.. I don’t see a next gen for at least another 5-6yrs going by how slowly Toyota works with sports cars. Would they continue to sell this car till then or will it have a break for few years before returning?