switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
That plastic bumper strip looks to be part of the front bumper design..aka integrated. and not a separate unit that you can mess with.
I have to disagree. I think it can be snapped on/off. It'd be a manufacturing dilemma to have it integrated as one piece requiring it to be masked off to paint the bumper. Front grilles or black plastics on others car I've tinkered with were always secured by clips/screws.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
You know an FR-S bumper is probably not going to directly fit because of the headlights....nobody has tried it yet.

I think the side fender piece on the BRZ is ugly too, but that is easily replaced.
I thought there was already a debate on the headlight fitment and we concluded that the way the bumpers wrap around the headlights (particularly the innermost corners of the headlights) are different but the shape of and the way the headlights mount are identical. It doesn't make business sense to manufacture the same looking headlights with 2 different mounting schemes. If they're going to make them different they would have made each distinct (like Levin v. Trueno).

Regarding the front plastic beam, you could carbon fiber wrap it or repaint to a metallic color or wait for aftermarket snap-on grilles to be made.

Last edited by switchlanez; 03-18-2012 at 01:06 PM.
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote