View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #74
jdcorbitt3

Drives: 2013 red FR-S, OFT. 2000 Miata SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The software to program the ECU is Toyota. Funny thing, every part, except the fog light bezels for my FR-S, I had to buy from Subaru.(Turn Signal Stalk, Fog lights, homelink rear view mirror) I couldn't even get the mirror from Toyota. The Subaru part had the adapter and the right cannon plug. Most of the small parts are made by common manufacturer for all these cars. My Mazdas had Sanden compressors and Mitsubishi electronics. I also think of rebadged cars like the Honda Passport-Isuzu Rodeo, Porsche Cayenne-VW Toureg, VW Rutan-Dodge Caravan. Most cars manufactured today, including Lamborghini, have joint venture disigne and engineering. Even my RX-8 had Ford engineering in it. Toyota may have designed this car, but Subaru built most of the major components in it, just like VW with the Toureg. Porsche claims to made changes, but when the seat back fell off my Ceyenne, it said VW inside. They both have the same component failures (plastic coolant pipes, coils, Cardin shafts, ect.)
The bottom line for me. I bought this car because Subaru made it. I don't have trust in the Scion Brand. If my local Subaru dealer had one in stock, and would have given me the money Toyota gave me for my Boxster, I would be driving a BR-Z right now.
I think Toyota is becoming more like Chevrolet. Most of their cars are average, with a few shining models, Corvette, Suburban, FR-S, Tundra, Tacoma.

These are my opinions and are not mention to insult anyone, or even change anyone's mind about anything.
The bottom line for me, I am thoroughly enjoying my FR-S.

John.
jdcorbitt3 is offline   Reply With Quote