View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #83
Mars2

Drives: GT86, AUDI RS2, VW T5 R32 Vortech
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So I have those for now one month.So time for a report
I went through a mountain trip of 3000 km through French alps, Italian alps and Swiss alps. i went through many famous pass and some of the rally famous pass.

My conclusion is that i'm only half happy of those and if I can't find better setting I will go back to OEM.

They are incredible smooth on small bump and make you feel more confortable at low speed but as soon as you increase speed on bad B road and even on high way they get very harsh on big bump making you jump out of your seat. Really!!! do I need harness with those! this happen on B road ( bad road) at speed over 90 mph and on high way ( more smooth road) at speed over 110 mph.

I was really not feeling in confidence when pushing really hard the car on those twisty road on those pass. I felt that on big bump it could not absorb the shock and will throw me away from my target. also on some big compression on bad road not flat the car will hit the floor on the bottom.
I have totaly scratch my miltek exhaust. It also ride a lot on the bump stop i feel I'm hitting then non stop. The car is feel more prone to understeer. Also the car lost a lot of the fun because of less weight transfer. So more difficult to slide in curve's.

In my city I have lot of underground parking and I often touch the bottom of the car Just under my seat area. One time I had to ask guy's to help lifting the car so I could pass as the bottom was on floor and the rear will were slipping coming on top of a ramp in those garage.

The best setting i found to adjust damper in 7 click front and 5 click back. any thing less than 7 click front I feel I lose control on big bump. More than 5 click in the back and I'm almost only riding bumpstop.

They are almost opposite to OEM. The OEM ride hard on small imperfection and absorbe very well big bump. those do exactly opposite wish make me think they are more build for show than efficient.

I use the USA setting from the manual deliver with those FlexZ to set up ride high and preload.

Oem height on my car was from center wheel to fender edge :
Front 367.5mm
Rear 372.5mm

Tein Z with USA setting on car:
342.5mm front and rear so 25mm( 1 inch) drop front and 30mm (1.2 inch) drop rear
I think I don't like it's set up same back and front.

So now to give it one more chance i want to rise the car buy about 15mm back and 10mm Front. But i would also like at same time to get more travel so I guess i have to adjust this hight by giving more preload because if i adjust only by bottom screw for ride hight i will get the car at the level i want but same travel. Isn't it?

This is on GT86 from europe.
PS: I have no idea how those guy with drop more than 1" can be fast on B road without destroying the bottom of their car and their exhaust?
Mars2 is offline   Reply With Quote