View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 09:59 PM   #10
saltywetman

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT 6M
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocwage View Post
Buy the Subaru BRZ Sport-Tech RS instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2subaru View Post
Not interested in 2019 TRD editions?

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/toyota/8..._15_32&sprx=-1

Kinda want to stick with toyota though (i know it's the same car but personal preference) The only difference between the 2020 gt+ handling package from the 2019 trd edition is no body kit and no trd exhaust. toyota doens't seem to have the trd exhaust system as an optional accessory for the 2020.

I've actually had my eye on that 2019 model however the main dealbreaker for that is the fact it comes with the trd lowering springs which i do not want as the car is low enough already and I plan to drive it year round in Alberta winters. I did ask them if it was possible to replace the springs back to the factory ones and they said no. The 2020 models also comes with an updated infotainment system that supports android auto as well which is a plus.

I've noticed one thing though with the pictures when 6spd Manual GT trim is selected for 2020 it shows the 18" trd wheels along with red brembo brake calipers. However, toyota's spec list is lacking at best and does not include the brake type nor whether it comes with sachs dampers like the handling package does

Seeing as how the brz sport tech RS includes all that stuff in the trim, i was wondering if toyota followed suit and just included the handling package in the GT manual trim. I'm just waiting for a reply from a local dealer... i really do like the design of this iteration of the 86 and don't want to risk waiting for next gen for possibly a design that doesn't appeal to me (i'm sure performance wise it'll be much better)
saltywetman is offline   Reply With Quote