View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 08:52 PM   #1
adjusts

Drives: Raven Black Scion FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Thump sound when blipping/stabbing throttle (Supercharged)

Hey all,

I have a JRSC C30 kit installed on my 2013 FRS, tuned with ecutek + delicious.

After loading my base tune, I have noticed that whenever I downshift (rev match) or blip the throttle, I hear a thumping sound coming from ahead of me.

This occurrence only happens when I blip the throttle. The sound is not an exhaust pop, as it is not a sharp sound. Instead, it is a muted, toned down knocking sound.

The thump is too faint to be recorded on video. This noise happens regardless of the gear (idle, first, second, etc). All the sounds are the same, and it is hard to diagnose what exactly it is.

Despite having received several revision tunes, the sound still persists. I have checked all my hoses, and there seems to be no vacuum leaks or leaks in general. At the same time, my throttle response has become more sluggish ever since installing the kit and receiving the tune.

Anyone else have this issue? I did not have this noise when I was NA, and the issue only arose once the kit and tune were on the car.

Note: I do not experience this sound when the throttle application is gradual, rather than abrupt. The noise seems to be coming from ahead of me in the engine bay, I also hear a vacuum sound simultaneously. Could this just be the intake?

More notes: narrowed down where the sound is coming from. Seems to be coming from the throttle body tube compressing upon sudden load. I have attached a video showing what I mean

Any idea if this is normal? The hoses are completely clamped down and seated properly, yet this still occurs.

Black (Raven) D4S Scion FRS (Sold)|| Black (CBP) FK8 Civic Type R || Black (BSM) F80 M3 Comp (Sold) || Black (Jet) E46 M3 || Laguna Seca Blue (LSB) E46 M3 (Sold) || Alpine White (AW) E92 M3 || Carrara White 997 GT3RS

Last edited by adjusts; 07-22-2017 at 09:54 PM.
adjusts is offline   Reply With Quote