View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 06:28 PM   #79
glamcem

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco-REX View Post
Highest I've ever seen with the Robispec is 220. This also wasn't a track day, but an AutoX at a track. So 14 runs at 40sec each, with at least 5 minutes of cool down between, rather than 20 minute run groups.

I agree that no properly set up cooling solution can be too much. By overkill I meant that my demands on it are WELL within its capacity.
ok I see, I pass 230-235 F on my very first lap

Quote:
It's a full race radiator replacement. I forget how thick the core is, but at least 2 inches, with the oil cooler integrated into the side tank. It keeps the oil temp very stable and eliminates the need for a thermostatic valve.

When I went FI, I knew cooling would become a weak point, so I went with what I felt was the best solution available at the time. This gives me shorter warmup times, no tstat to fail, and oil cooling at slow speeds/stationary.

Oh and the Massive increase in water cooling capacity.
I agree with you on oil cooler thermostats or the thermostatic so called "high flow" plates .. they're obviously not ideal but we still need something to keep both oil and coolant temps within the range, if you think about they both affect each other to bring the temps to an equilibrium ,

I also would like to utilize the OEM coolant thermostat to manage temps .. for that reason, I will try something different soon, I will post a how-to and results on this board
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote