Old 06-08-2019, 12:26 AM   #1245
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
So much wrong here. If weight doesn't matter then how does a 175hp/100tq motorcycle get to 190mph? Power/weight isn't all that matters either or a motorcycle would just as easily get over 200mph as an equally power/weight car, but they can't because they lack the torque to cut through the air resistance. Big torque without horsepower doesn't help without gearing or diesel trucks would be hitting 200mph too.
Motorcycles have an entirely different frontal area! And how motorcycles came into the discussion? My god ..

Quote:
The 2.0T in the Cayman is hitting roughly 300hp/280tq. The 2.5T is hitting 350hp/310tq. How is that far from the competition? Are you familiar with the Golf R or Civic Type R?
The 2.0T Cayman's power has been underrated from the factory in a similar fashion like the Supra appearing in the Car&Driver's dyno video. Same about the 2.5T. Anyway if you want believe it , if you don't want fine for me. Fact is that people that had a chance to really drive it were impressed by the engine power. Golf R is back on power levels. About Honda I said that it is close, but it looks that you just want to argue for the argue ...

Quote:
Subaru is building a WRX with 300/300 because they have the STI for that power level, and they managed to get there for far cheaper than Porsche, and the fact that it doesn't exist doesn't mean they can't. Good god man
WRX STI cannot be sold anymore here because of the regulations. They cannot deal with regulations, not that they can't do it in general.

Anyway, the importance of the topic here is that when comparing Supra, M2, Cayman is to keep in mind that Cayman is a 4 cylinder engine. For some this might be worse (more cylinders better right?), for others that are worrying also about consumption in ordinary driving situations it might be good. That's all!
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote