View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 09:14 AM   #49
North_GA_FRS

Drives: 2013 Toyota FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Any more info on the trans upgrades or possible resolution to the shifting issues at higher boost/HP levels? Recently boosted my FRS, Ecutek tuned @ 11psi on E85, 350hp with a tranny cooler. On track yesterday (first time boosted at the track), regardless if hot or cold, the car would shift great from 1st-4th but the shift to 5th was always very slow (similar to the video) and the car would throw a couple of different codes; P2757 (TCC (torque converter clutch) isn't locking ) during 2 sessions, which was reset each time and P0700 (trans slip) during my last session. Codes were thrown independently. It's possible that the P2757 codes were due to TCS activity while trying to shift, I was learning how to drive at this power level and manage tires; cooked them in the first couple sessions, which is when I saw P2757. Next 2 sessions I took it easy (7 or 8/10ths) and didn't didn't throw any codes, never shifting out of 4th. Last session I pushed a bit harder, shifting into 5th down the back stretch at Road Atlanta. This last session was when the P0700 was thrown. If I had the GoPro mounted to the helmet, I could better diagnose when the codes showed up and under what conditions, unfortunately, it was mounted on the splitter.
North_GA_FRS is offline   Reply With Quote