View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 01:05 AM   #1
erebuswarrior

Drives: 2015 Asphalt BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
E85 Overrun Pops & Fire on NA

After tuning for quite a few CALID's of the 86 community I now have a better understanding of my version of pops and bangs. You'll want to edit mainly 3 things. Overrun Enrich RPM Delta: This is the amount of RPM drop that needs to happen for Overrun to start. (I use -1, change to whatever RPM you want it to drop by before engaging enrichment) Overrun Initial Injector Enrichment Pulsewidth (I have used anywhere from 0.8 up to 8.8ms) and Base Timing Idle In-Gear Above Speed Threshold (So far in the 176 coolant temp row, -12.97 at 1500RPM to 1800RPM seems to be the right amount of timing for pops/bangs and for those with catless setups, fire.) Make sure you use the fixed xml definition files that are here on the forums for v4.03 OFT tunes. There are some xml files provided by OFT that may not have been fixed yet, that have errors in it, and it will make the In Gear Above Speed Threshold table look way different then it should be.

For those who have issues with throttle delay, either use Pulsewidth's closer to 0.0 or turn it off completely. Long pulse width's like 8.8ms can cause issues with throttle delay especially after lots of pops, but you need to give it some time for fuel trims and the accelerator pedal deadspace to go away. It takes about 50-100 miles of driving in closed loop learning mode before fuel trims settle and throttle dead space goes away. After at least 100 miles of driving, it should be much easier to rev match and throttle delay should not be as much. There will inherently be some delay afterwards and this is because it is using negative timing and a richer mixture at the exhaust cycle. You can't make power with negative timing, only with advanced timing. There are tradeoff's of course, and this is why there's the jerkiness with the traditional B-Timing table pops, since that table directly influences power. In Gear Timing tables luckily don't cause jerkiness on/off throttle. If you can't get used to pressing in the accelerator pedal more for rev matching or the throttle delay is too much, then don't use overrun, just In Gear Timing.

CALID's that aren't compatible are pretty much all Auto trans versions. If you make these changes on a auto trans version, autorev matching when using paddle shifters or gear shifter in manual mode, will NOT work. This is because the auto trans ecm gets confused by the negative timing with In Gear table. Manual users shouldn't be affected by this.

Ecutek users:
I currently have Ecutek RaceRom v9 and using Ecutek's autorev match function on manual with In Gear Above Speed Threshold negative timing, DOES work. So Ecutek users can use the same method on manual trans. I have yet to test on Ecutek with auto trans.
There is only 1 Overrun table in Ecutek, and it is for injector's kicking back on at certain RPM's. There are none of the Overrun tables you see below in Ecutek unfortunately.

Link to, how to fix xml file's.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126180

I'm on Ecutek and when I want to run afterfire this is my rescaled table on Ecutek.
Attached Images

Last edited by erebuswarrior; 07-14-2019 at 08:53 PM.
erebuswarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to erebuswarrior For This Useful Post:
nerve86 (06-07-2022)