Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to woode
Quote:
Originally Posted by congiiee View Post
Anyone know what the max psi is on stock block? No E85

I am running ~22psi on stock internals on 93 octane, and there is still headroom there before it was showing knock. Been running it like this for a couple months now. Before that I was running 17psi.
FWIW, I am running straight 93. Not the "This gas may contain up to 10% ethanol" crap. How much of a difference that makes -

Now, I don't know how long it would hold up in a track setting. This is why I am building the motor though - I will probably stay about the same power (maybe a bit more), just with a bigger margin for error and better durability. I have plans for getting into going to the track by fall or maybe next spring at the latest.

To be honest, my biggest concern is cooling.. the engine seems to be doing fine (for the street) at these power levels. But again, 15 seconds of running thru the gears at 22psi and I am doing like 150mph, and thru the twisty back roads it doesn't see full boost for long at all so can't exactly say what it will do in a track environment where it is at the limits for a long period of time which creates a lot of heat.
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM
woode is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woode For This Useful Post:
congiiee (04-06-2014), onzippy (04-06-2014)