Old 08-17-2017, 02:04 PM   #192
fierostetz

Drives: '87 Buick GN, '16 500 Abarth
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Oh I hate that myth!
Please point out in the attached which minivans will "thoroughly dust" a twin. I see a very tiny group of top level (and very expensive) mini vans that may have a couple of inches on them in 0 to 60 but even they lose in the 1/4 mile.
http://www.zeroto60times.com/body-style/van/

If you are getting "thoroughly dusted by minivans" you just can't drive worth shit.

Oh come on, I'm not going to scour the web to prove something to you, there's no burden of proof on me and I don't care enough to do so. Assuming average drivers in both, a minivan is going to win pretty consistently. An average driver isn't going to be throwing down magazine-or-better 0-60 sprints in a manual trans than a dead consistent v6 minivan. You can go compile a giant internet nerd list if you want to, but theres a vast delta between controlled-condition 0-60 times and real world ones. Pulling website specs and magazine racing isn't real world. Stop looking for fights. We're not talking about track surfaces prepped with VHT and professional drivers. We're in a world of 300hp camrys. Even more telling in a day-to-day scenario is going to be 0-30 times, which is really what you're going to hit in the distance across an intersection.

Heck, I've seen an automatic geo metro take the trophy at a bracket racing drag day. Dead consistent alllllll day with his 22 second quarter mile times. Every time he won everyone just looked at each other with disbelief... at the end of the day everyone was trying to get him to go out for a beer because it was ridiculous that this dude showed up in his DD metro and took home the pot.

In fact, thats a perk in favor of the automatic 86, it'll do the exact same 0-60 time over and over regardless of driver skill.
fierostetz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fierostetz For This Useful Post:
SuperTom (08-17-2017)