Richard Cranium
Ted

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlitoz3 View Post
I always park my car in neutral, so the day I went to go pick up my car from the dealership for its 1000 mile inspection, my car launched itself forward onto a curb when I turned on the car. Realised they had left it park on 1st! Good thing it was a small curb and my ride height is still stock
I've done this once in my life...12 years ago when I was a week from turning 16 - lurched in to the toolbox in the garage and crunched in to the wall. Has never happened again. Now with that said, I ALWAYS leave the car parked in 1st, but don't religiously use the e-brake. No matter what though, the moment I sit in the car - clutch & brake pedals in and shifter gets a wiggle in neutral.

I understand it's not what you're used to, but something you're responsible for being aware of. Imagine if there had been a car parked in front of you instead of a curb; there's no chance in hell you'd be able to blame the dealer for that.