Old 06-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #173
BoostJunkie
RaggedEdge Autosports

Drives: 97 APU Supra
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaObsession View Post
Everyone knows what the engines are capable of....

But so what? There's an enormous aftermarket for Chevy Big Blocks too. Does that mean you should throw one of those in? At least that would be so outrageous it would be awesome.

It might be quick if you can keep the rear tires down. The weight of that engine is the front is going to lift the back end right up... /sarcasm.

I'm saying the idea is dumb because every single Toyota car that as ever come out, someone has had to stick a 2JZ in it. Every one. After a while it becomes pointless. You're not breaking new ground, people will coo for about 5 seconds because of the 2JZ and then you'll be forgotten.

If you can even make it work properly. Sticking a Cast Iron straight 6 where a flat 4 resides is not going to be an easy task. Even more so if you want it to be "Streetable".

Personally I think you're biting off you than you can chew. Even if you do shoehorn it in there. I don't think you'll get the reception you want.
Wow, whatever you say, I'm done talking to you, I could careless if you think it's stupid. Enjoy your narrow-minded day

BoostJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote