View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #5
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoto86 View Post
This one is for all you Exhaust Guru's I don't know much about resonators, mufflers etc etc

I recently picked up some UEL headers with an Overpipe for a good deal, planning to run it on the stock exhaust first and see how that sounds first, because I don't want anything to loud. Next door my neighbours kids rooms are right near my garage their windows look into my garage window, and I don't want to wake them up to the sound of a catless cold start every morning.

However I have always wanted to put a Single exit on this car in the almost 2 years of ownership, I had a Silvia so forgive. But all the aftermarket options are loud ASF. If I go to a Custom Exhaust shop and tell them to fab me up a single exit from the front pipe I want to know what to ask for. The main thing I don't want is a harsh cold start that sucks, I think with a good custom single exit and lowering the cold start with a tune I might be able to make it bearable

Yes tune is actually more important for those cold start and bad low end noises. Either the current OFT tune or an Ecutek tune will do both. I was able to go to a lighter freer flowing setup after a good tune and still be very civil.

I went from Gruppe-S UEL+OP, Invidia catted FP, HKS Legamax CB, OFT tune 4.03
TO ACE 350 Header, Hooker Catted FP, Borla CB. Ecutek Tune. About 15 lbs lighter than previous setup, smooth tone.

I do feel the OFT tune had a lower cold start noise than Ecutek but both are way better than stock

Im very interested in the Single Exit Titanium Tomei 60s. Would shave even more weight but I will save that for next year as I just did the new setup this summer