jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,456 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
Got a job offer I could not refuse and moved to the Atlanta area a couple months ago. It feels good to be back in my American hometown after 10 years in Texas.

Drove the BRZ 835 miles on 5/23, changed the oil on 5/24, and ran Road Atlanta with Chin Track Days on 5/25-5/26.

The road course is great, it was super hot so I only did three sessions on Saturday and the second session on Sunday one of the oil cooler lines rubbed on the frame and developed a leak. I had been running this setup for 1.5 years and have no idea whether the hole developed over time or the line shifted during my trip. Whatever the case may be, this is installer error.

Got the car towed back home and took the whole front apart to clean the oil that went everywhere. What a mess. Called TopSpeed Motorsports and they recommended Controlled Motors for a new engine build so this is who I went with.

The car was at Controlled Motors from 6/4 to 7/27. Picked her up today with 150 miles on the new engine and a fresh change of the Motul break in engine oil. I am to drive the car for another 300 miles with lots of engine braking and change the oil. Then do another 500 miles and finally change to synthetic.

While the engine was out, I asked for a Killer B oil pickup and a new clutch. Randy at Clutch Specialty did a dual friction compound clutch that is better suited for road racing but still streetable. Everything else is OEM.
So you lost your engine on track due to the oil line rupture...

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote