View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #14
JD86

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 GT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nix View Post
Reading through your mod list, you have impeccable taste sir.

I had the same model exhaust on my Supra and it was amazing. Looking forward to hearing it on your car. I had the same experience from @RavSpec, getting a packet with 1.5mm nuts and he didn't send me new ones.

I wasn't able to get enough - camber on the front to tuck the 57s with just the built in adjustment on the KWs. Crash bolts might have worked but I think the inside would rub, so you may have to go to camber plates.

I found after doing sways & coilovers the doors really do squeak a lot over bumps so the stabilisers are worth it.

I'm wondering if the STI shifter will have any rattle/vibration with the engine & gearbox mounts. Interested in your feedback on that. Although it could be my flywheel/diff mounts contributing to that also.

I think your oil cooler will be fine without ducting but you'll want to cut some of the splash guard behind it.

Keep us posted!
Haha thanks Nix! I was a little worried as to how you would react to this as our taste is so similar! When I found your thread after ordering the avo turbo, rims, and KWs I couldn't believe how similar we were. Your advice on the tyre size was also much appreciated. I finally thought I'd gone down a different path with the STI engine mounts and transmission mount then they showed up in your thread too haha!

I'm hoping not to have to use the top hats on the KWs but after playing with the fit today I think you're right. Anyway I have the vorshlags and will put them on if necessary, but I'd prefer just to mount on the rubber.

I'll let you know how I go with the engine/transmission mounts when everthing is fitted up next week. I'm getting the clutch built out of a stock one (thanks sportsguy!!!) by the guy who does my builder's rally team clutches. So hopefully using the stock will help keep the rattle down.

I have a couple of plans as far as the oil cooler ducting goes. One will be using the APR brake duct on that side, but I have something more extreme in mind down the line.
JD86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JD86 For This Useful Post:
nix (07-10-2013)