Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Pure Automotive

Drives: 2013 FRS Whiteout
Thanked 1,952 Times in 650 Posts
Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Perrin Engine Mounts and Cusco Catch Can Install and Review @ Pure Automotive

Hey guys,
Today I installed the new Perrin Engine Mounts and a Cusco Catch Can on the shop car, just thought I'd share a brief review.

Perrin Mounts

Stock Mount

Comparison

Perrin Mount Installed

The install was worry free, no issues to report. The stock mounts are a little tricky to get out because they have a stud in them that slides through the frame held in by a nut vs the Perrin mounts that use a bolt that goes into the mount. I would highly recommend having them put in on a lift, I had to jack the motor up pretty far to get the mounts out.

The good news is, I think the NVH (Noise, Vibrations, Harness) are very low. I am very pleased with the fact that car doesn't have a harsh idle at all. I was concerned that putting mounts in would make the car vibrate and rattle but thus far, its very tame!

I will say this, if you're on the fence about mounts because you don't want to ruin the way the car feels, I highly recommend these mounts, I was honestly shocked at how small a difference the initial test yielded.

Now I just need some driving time to the see how they are in action!

I got the Cusco catch can because I like the fact that it comes with a mounting bracket and puts it up out of the way of the rest of the engine. The hose routing that Cusco recommends is WRONG! There is a certain way that I recommend routing your catch can to retain factory parameters while making it actually functional, along with adding some baffling to the can. I also painted it black to retain the factory style vs bling bling chrome.

Thanks for reading!
We sell everything we review! PM for details!

Pure Automotive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pure Automotive For This Useful Post:
Anthonytpt (01-30-2013), Antihero983 (05-05-2016), Bonburner (01-31-2013), JPxM0Dz (03-07-2013), M1K3 (01-31-2013), reeves (03-05-2013), TRD_07 (03-04-2013), UncleFester (03-04-2013)