View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 12:19 AM   #17
motrek

Drives: 2018 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
The ride is going to be harsh compared to most other cars. Thats part of how the chassis resets so quickly. Cabin noise is always high, that's how you get a modern rwd car to weigh in under 2800lb. You will still get plenty of engine noise with the hole plugged.

Differences in gearing and torque curves, and possibly cylinder configuration. 15-20 mph should be right at first torque peak, and 30 should be right in the dip so that's odd.

It's probably not much 'better' with 1" taller springs If you describe the drive as horrible on the street, then it's probably not the car for you.
Yeah, hopefully I can get out and test drive a stock model in the next few weeks. Maybe you're right about the RWD configuration. I have a friend with a Mini which is ~2600 lbs. and its cabin is fairly quiet and the ride isn't too harsh and it seems pretty comparable to the BRZ on the track. But, FWD, so I don't know. I've also been in 400+ HP Porsches that are pretty quiet and comfortable but they're somewhat heavier and mid-engine so maybe also not very comparable.
motrek is offline   Reply With Quote