View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #16
PNW FRS

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob G. View Post
K&N. I have 1 with no issues and yes I've checked for oil on my sensor. Drop ins are the way to go if you want to let your engine breathe and don't want a whole new intake system (the stock setup is pretty good). Just my opinion...
I just installed a K&N (I've liked their products over the years)... and here's some "first impressions."

A subtle improvement on the low-end... engine seems to be running a bit smoother -- noticed this "at idle" and when working through 1st to 2nd gear.

My comparison point is what I've been keeping track of over the last 3 weeks since I took delivery. A somewhat "stumbling idle" and what I would characterize as some carry-over of that as revs build were on my list of things to address with dealer at 1st service. After this morning's commute... maybe not. Maybe there is some "placebo effect" coming into play (i.e, maybe I WANT it to be better) but I'm hoping that I'm being pretty objective.

Taking a slow approach to modding.. considering a silicone intake tube next... and then a Nameless Offset Axleback exhaust.

Commentary: I LOVE driving this car... haven't had this much fun driving in a long time! And the fact that it didn't cost an arm & two legs is just gravy!

Last edited by PNW FRS; 02-01-2013 at 11:38 AM.
PNW FRS is offline   Reply With Quote