View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #64
firekat

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ tS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
Just another update: I have installed the 700cc injectors and had a few revisions done by Zach at DT. I haven’t installed the pump yet, but it is on the list. The pump is more insurance and if I go e85 ever. The car is on the 85mm pulley which gives me almost 13psi at redline. The car feels like a blast to drive.

My review of FI with the Harrop kit is the car feels awesome and anybody on the fence should just do it. The only drawback is the extra front end weight, and it is noticeable. Even with the Braille battery and relocating the water pump more midline, the car is still noticeably heavier, which has changed cornering balance and confidence, but overall the change isn’t enough to offset the gains in corner exit speed and transitional acceleration.
I concur on your observations. I can drive around the weight increase, a bit different technique than what I used previously. I am planning on doing a couple more mods to address the weight increase. Mostly it will be going with a 5# battery installation. That installation I am designing should not have any impact on being able to be a daily driver and not require a battery tender. Might go with a tower brace as the structure of the front end of this car seems to be willowy. The car does feel more solid with the additional weight. Previously the car would feel a bit floaty on bumpy roads, especially at higher speeds. Not so much now. I consider it a detriment and a benefit - simultaneously.

I am also running a Jackson Racing Dual radiator and AOS for reliability. Don't know exactly how much that added to the weight, but I would not think it would be that much. Figured that would help to deal with the hot summers we have in the Bay Area, and keep the induction system cleaner.

Will be finishing up the Flex Fuel installation later in the week.

Drive Safe!
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to firekat For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (09-02-2018)