View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 02:40 AM   #13
Yardjass

Drives: '14 Monogram, '95 Miata, '90 300ZX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I own a Scion, not a BRZ but this topic is interesting anyway.

1.) What has been your sports car progression?

Car progression in total has been:
EG Civic coupe >>> Z32 300ZX >>> Golf mk6 TDI >>> 1.8 Miata >>> FR-S
I still own the Z, the Miata, and the FR-S.

2.) What are your eventual goals?

Dream car is a self-built Shelby Cobra kit. I also know once I build that car, it is never getting sold so I think I'll hold off for a while and do it when I'm old. Maybe build it with my kids if I ever have any. Before that, I have a car bucket list of ones I'd like to experience. S2000, Fiata Abarth and Z06 are all happening at some point and thankfully, depreciation will make those very manageable. I actually almost bought a C5Z instead of the 86.

If they ever put a manual in the Alfa 4c, that would be another one. Ultimate goal before the cobra is I'd like to own something like a first gen Viper, R8, Ferrari 360, or Murceilago since I think I could actually swing one used. I feel like everyone should own a German or Italian supercar at some point in their life even if it's 20-30 years old and obsolete, and of course, bonus points if one of the cars you had on a poster on your bedroom wall as a child ends up parked in your garage later on.

3.) Where does the BRZ fit in this progression for you?

I'm dailying it right now. The TDI buyback happened so I needed something else and the 86's heavy depreciation meant I could have something fun like that for the price of a new civic. I always liked them and I missed dailying the Z so a sports car was the natural choice. My bank account says get a Chevy SS or a Corvette but my common sense side says get some frugal fun in the form of an 86 and try to pay off the house before I turn 30. When the mortgage is small to non-existent because I didn't blow all my money on having the fastest, nicest cars all the time, one of those big goal cars can actually happen.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote