Old 01-26-2017, 11:31 PM   #8
Calvin27

Drives: GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze View Post

So my questions to you are:

1.) What has been your sports car progression?
2.) What are your eventual goals?
3.) Where does the BRZ fit in this progression for you?
1. 90s hondas, nissans and second toyota. I've had too many mates get burned from Euro models - they are not keepers.
2. I've also learned that big power is not the end game and learned to appreciate the dynamics of a vehicle. My goals are to drive different cars and different circuits. I've given up the expensive pursuit of time improvements and just go by feels.
3. Its a great fit anywhere on the cost curve. At the low end it's a great first car (better once they depreciate a bit more), then after that great as a fun car. Then if you got real money leave the luxury car at home and have no qualms full racing it. Stack it and get another. Mod the crap out of it. Then get another and try something else. I rekon if I had all the money in the world this car would still be in my garage. Like the dude above, my goals is liek Jay Leno. More cars, more variety, appreciate all philosophies and have fun trying them out. I'm not about lap times in the grand scheme - but chasing them is fun within reason.
Calvin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calvin27 For This Useful Post:
winstonscifi (01-27-2017)