Old 04-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #69
Spaceywilly
ZC6A2B82KC7J

Drives: 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
If I had the disposable income, I'd buy two of these cars: An FR-S for track duty, and a BRZ Limited for street. I learned the hard way that race parts are for race cars, not street cars. My MR2 went from a fun street car to an almost-race car and is no longer fun on the street. As such I'll probably turn it into a full track car and keep the BRZ street friendly. I won't cry if I accidentally stuff my 25-yr-old Toyota into a tire barrier, whereas I might if I did it in my brand new Subaru that I need to get me to work the following day...

Any word on a Spec-86 series in the States? I guess it could take a while; they only just announced a spec racing series for the 350Z this year. I think it would be a lot of fun for people with the budget - something different than Spec Miata, and a little higher skill than the B Spec series (Mazda 2, Fiesta, Fit).
I'm hoping to get a factory five 818 as a track car once I have a place to build it. The BRZ will be a commuter car for me that I can also use to learn RWD dynamics at autox and track days on weekends, skills that I can eventually transfer to the 818. There is a spec racing series for the factory five roadster so hopefully they'll do one for the 818 as well.

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.
Spaceywilly is offline   Reply With Quote