krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
What other cars are like the new NSX? All I can think of is the i8.

Or I'm wrong and Toyota is basically rebadging an i8 powertrain into a chassis shared with the Z4.
I can't say GTR because the Skyline GTR has always been a gadgetry black magic car since the R31 I believe.

I'm pretty sure the new LC500 is the platform to be shared with the new Supra (how it always was with the Soarer). The LC500 would have a hybrid powertrain option, but I can't see how the new Supra would use either a V8 or a hybrid. IMO it will most likely have a 3rd engine (V6 turbo maybe) and will serve as a back to basics 90's style sports car, so that it won't be just a cheaper redundant option to the LC.

I was just reading the cover story on July's Road and Track and they did a comparison between the M2, 1M, M235i, 228i, and also threw in an E30 M3 for good measure. They actually ranked the 228i the top choice out of the four modern Bimmers due to basically the same reasonings why we love driving the twins.

For a Japanese auto maker, Honda is getting really too American these days and it shows with their product offerings.

Last edited by krayzie; 06-07-2016 at 10:35 PM.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote