Old 09-23-2015, 01:13 PM   #912
Touge Factory

Drives: ZN6
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Touge Factory
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrockeezy View Post
Hello long time lurker here, so i'm planning on going to my first drift event; DDay56 at USAIR. BRZ is stock except for a track pipe and drop in filter.. Originally never thought I'd take this to a track but it's too fun to drive and Final Bout was insane.

Few questions:
- How many sets of tires should I expect to go through? Looking at some spares and sets of OEM wheels I might pick up. And knowing the lack of power..
- What are some decently priced helmet options?
- Things to expect at my first time at the track? Very new to the Chicago drift scene and there's gonna tons of experienced drivers lol
- Recently changed oil with OEM fluids, should I upgrade to something better?
I will chime in as well!

Enjoy your first Clubfr DDay! Also don't be nervous everyone is very chill and friendly. If you need any help, there are several experienced drivers that will be able to give you some tips and pointers.

Oem fluids should be fine! But I suggest Motul or Amsoil

I suggest bringing a full set of spares. You will be starting off at the skid pad and that tends to eat tires the quickest but learning the basic fundamentals is a must!

Also don't forget to pull your abs fuse!

We do have some helmets in stock! Just stop by the shop and we'll be able to fit you as well!

Touge Factory
2181 Foster Ave.
Wheeling IL 60090
Touge Factory is offline   Reply With Quote