pessimistic skeptic

Drives: '14 FR-S Monogram AT JRSC
Thanked 1,035 Times in 684 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
No. Some of us were clearly saying there was no reason the mid-engine Corvette needed to be more expensive. Our chief evidence was the existence of cheap mid engine cars like the Fiero and MR2. That rational was dismissed as asinine, where we were ridiculed for suggesting such silliness because there was no way the car was coming in under $100k, that the mid engine Corvette was going to be a special model sold alongside a FR C8 that was regularly priced, or even that this MR setup would be a halo car, and not a Corvette, similar in cost and performance to the Ford GT because a MR setup necessitated a huge cost.

You can’t suggest now that our rational was nonexistent then, that no rationale or examples could justify what happened, when what happened was exactly what was predicted by many of us. If that isn’t the definition of some people being wrong and others being right then I don’t know what is.

This is where the debate began at post 108:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...=110603&page=8
I haven't seen that discussion before. But MR2 and Fiero were not supercars and never intended to be; C8 is a supercar. Based on that fact, I was comparing the $60K price of C8 with Ferrari and Lamborghini. So, you were right at the time.
mrg666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrg666 For This Useful Post:
Summerwolf (07-28-2019)