View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 10:07 PM   #3685
KevBRZ

Drives: 15BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
@KevBRZ No hot tires in 235/40/17, 0.2" diameter is nothing, same with the ~2lbs you're saving over the ~17lb wheels everyone else has but sacrificing 1" per corner in grip.

Why are you doing this again? It certainly isn't about saving money at this point because you can get a set of 17x9's for less than a set of uncompetitive tires. Tirerack will sell you 17x9s with 245/40/17 RE71R's mounted and balanced for $1,400 and they'll show up at your doorstep before next weekend.
Why am I doing this--(Cuz i am crazy and kinda like my ampliforms - although just found them in 17 x 9 +40 just now lol)
and yeah your right you really don't save much.
Yeah i already have been inquiring on some 17 x 9 enkei rpf1s new and some other used wheels etc. lol was thinking of going 245/40 rivals, never tried them before. Not sure if they are any less favorable on a daily with the stone pick up than the RE71s, used to dread driving on a gravely road with those re71s on a hot day hearing the gravel crushing the car but it is what it is. (#becauseracecar) Honestly maybe because i haven't had any top tier tires for awhile but i am starting to dig the SSC falkens at the moment for street driving. Seem a little quirky at the limit though.I really need to get this car going to hit some events asap

Last edited by KevBRZ; 07-18-2019 at 10:17 PM.
KevBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote