Old 08-31-2019, 11:31 AM   #1649
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,285 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
I think it would only need a new front bumper and a small, classy wing to look ideal.

It isn't really overdone at all, especially compared to other cars, even ones higher than its class. If the Supra is overdone then the STI, the Corvette, the Alfa Romero 4C, the Lotus', etc are overdone, or perhaps the Ford GT, the Ferraris, the Paganis, etc are very overdone. Even sports sedans like the M2/M4 have much more aggressive bodies than their classic counterparts, which in the past, it was hard to know the difference between a 330i and an E46 M3. This was deemed classier, as a gentleman's sports sedan needed to not look gimmicky or flashy, but times change. The Type R looks like a Civic decided to dress up as a
Samurai, and we have a plain/base Civic to draw that comparison, but the Supra just looks like a typical, modern, sports car to me.
This.

Organic shapes, fake vents, swooping lines and unpredictable angles are style queues for all cars now. Even the lowly Prius looks like some sort of wild animal now. Just the way it is and people need to get used to it or wait it out until styling swings the other way and we end up with square boxes like the 80s again.
Dadhawk (08-31-2019), Irace86.2.0 (08-31-2019), OwlDance (08-31-2019)