View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 03:48 AM   #3
Reflex

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opethfan View Post
I am just wondering what the deal is with this car in Taiwan. I hear they only let 100 of them in for sale at a crazy price.

Since Taiwan is so close to Japan I don't understand. It is a small car that is not fast and is good on gas. I have seen BMW's Lexus and other nice cars there so why is it so hard to get a 86? I even saw a Bentley while I was there. If anyone knows Bentleys they are crazy money and crazy powerful and not great on gas. They don't exactly fit the norm in Asia.

If they did only let 100 of them in to the country I would say I am a lucky guy though lol. I saw two of them in my trips to Taiwan. Both on the highway. One near Taipei and the other was near Taichung. They were both super nice. I wish I could have seen them parked so I could check out the differences between them and mine
No you were right. My family in Taiwan told me when the car was first announced, people who wanted to purchase the car had to enter a lottery and hope that they were one of the 100 people to be drawn in which case they would get the chance to purchase the car. But I guess that's changed and they're importing more? I saw two in Taipei a month or two after they were released
Reflex is offline   Reply With Quote