Old 05-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #1910
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zygrene View Post
Up until my test drive of the auto 2013 GC 2.0T, I had really never driven a sporty car before besides a GTI for about 10 minutes. I had high expectations and was very excited to test the GC, but was left completely unimpressed. I'm not sure what a lot of people see in the car. It feels big and heavy. Fast, yes, but with not much driver-car connection at all. In all honestly, I found my old '97 106hp 2400lb Civic LX to be a far more engaging car to drive. The steering wheel had lots of feedback and I could tell what was happening at all times, whereas the GC just goes fast without telling you, until you see the speedo. The Civic was a crude car, but in a way it was that crudeness that kept me alert and attentive while driving it. I just traded it in for a 2011 Audi A3 2.0T S-Line 6MT, which is a fun and luxurious little DD, but now I miss my Civic. I guess I never fully appreciated it until it was gone.
My GF owns a 99 model LX with the same motor and it weighs the same and this is the worst car I have ever driven next to a 2001 Neon. The only reason she likes it is because it is her first car with no monthly payments. But if she wasn't just starting her career that car would be in dumpster. Sure its light but it's not at all engaging like you say.Our opinions differ on that. My RSX feels sportier with 400+ lbs added.

Last edited by SUB-FT86; 05-11-2012 at 06:20 AM.
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote