TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,576 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
Wait for the MY19 for sure
At this point, it would have to be an MY19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Meh. Still a Civic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquachulator View Post
depends on if you want a civic or not.
Always thought these were kind of stupid arguments. Of course it's still a Civic. Just like the WRX/STI is still an Impreza (regardless if they dropped the impreza name from it), the Focus ST/RS is still a Focus, and the GTI/R is still a Golf. This carries over even to BMW M vehicles and MB AMGs. Just like a Sig is still just a pistol and a 5 star sushi restaraunt is still just raw fish. I mean, obviously; but that doesn't really tell the whole story.

They all have their pros and cons. I have an '16 STI right now. Good car, but it has its shortcomings:

-Fuel economy is shit for a 4cyl
-Ride quality is meh
-Interior quality is meh
-Infotainment system sucks
-Engine has its share of shortcomings

It's a good car, and I still enjoy it. But for a daily driver, some of the things mentioned above become kind of annoying after a while. None of them are deal breakers, but they're things that become more apparent driving it day after day.

The CTR surpasses the STI in terms of performance, but is substantially better in every aspect I mentioned above, while having even more practicality as a hatchback. Yes, it's FWD, but it rotates far better than a WRX, STI, or Golf R does. For one car to do everything, I think it's a really compelling option; especially for myself and possibly having a kid in the next year or two.

I like the idea of a vehicle that can do everything you need to do during the week and be able to have fun at the track or on a good back road on the weekend. 86/BRZ is perfectly capable, but the lack of rear doors or usable rear seats limits some of the practicality. I know child seats fit in the rear, but there's no denying it's a PITA compared to managing one in a standard sedan with rear doors.

With regards to FWD vs whatever else. I've driven and owned multiple FWD, RWD, and AWD vehicles. Without a doubt, I prefer RWD over everything else. But I've driven some absolutely awesome FWD and AWD vehicles just as I've driven some terrible RWD cars.

There will always be limits and people will always have their preferences, but I have no affinity or loyalty to a specific manufacture or drivetrain layout. If it's a good car, it's a good car. If it drives/handles well, then it does. I don't think there's any denying that the new CTR handles extremely well. Like said above, there's limits and some things it will not ever be able to do because of the drivetrain layout, but the car is still damn impressive, especially in the performance category. Not even in a "it's good **for a FWD**" kind of way. It's just good lol.
TylerLieberman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
alphasaur (11-20-2018), SkyeHack (10-30-2018), strat61caster (10-30-2018), YangerD (10-31-2018)