Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashal View Post
Actually there will be voltage drops , I work as an avionics tech , electrons is what I do all day errday !
A continuity test only proves point a and b work and that there is no short if you go to ground ... We ground 12v dc on airframes . Cars aren't a big deal .. So the fact that you are gonna run a negative from the battery is really dumb, no offense, unless you got monster Earthquake amps pushing well over 200Amps, I pushed my car to 150 amps with stock battery and that's when my lights starting dimming

I-Tapatalk
There will be voltage drops, so you agree. Then you call me dumb. Then you compare the riveted together body/frame of an air plane to the spot welded and glued body of a car. Maybe you should get some sleep, read both of our posts again and come back when you can form a coherent thought.

It's cool that your an avionics technician though. Where do you work? While we're sharing, I make my living as an electronics technician now but was a marine engineering technician for a bit over a decade before this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Black VW View Post
yeah when I ran two batteries I grounded the battery in the trunk to multiple grounding locations within <3ft. Also had all 3 amplifiers grounded separately. Possibly overkill but my amplifiers totaled about 230 amps, and killed my first alternator before I added the battery.

That was back in my first car when I LOVED boom.
Hmm, I wasn't trying to say it wouldn't work, though I can see how that was what I communiticated. Of course grounding to the body will work, just not as effectively.

Last edited by Calum; 10-05-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote