View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
Saber_TRD

Drives: '09 Cobalt SS Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
If only someone made an AS1 with leather, HIDs, LED driving lights, push button start, etc. I would bet that you could probably get it for just over $28k.
Trolololo

Most of MINI's options are factory options. Only the driver's lights on ours were installed at the port/dealer. The moonroof, LSD, bonnet stripes, fog lights, etc were all factory installed. All Scions arrive to the ports in the US in the exact same configuration other than color and transmission. Options would change how Scion does business via being "mono-spec".

We'll have a lot more things available as dealer options for the FR-S soon enough. They just aren't getting everything rolled out as quickly as we'd hoped.
I see your hidden "Trolololo" there :P

As for the factory "problem" all the cars, Subaru, Toyota, or Scion come from the same factory so... kind of a moot point. As for the mono-spec thing, you can still have mono-spec and have options or like I suggested, release the Toyota along side the Scion as the high spec version. No cutting in on Scion's mono-spec (which I find hilarious since they encourage customization from dealership yet limit options which allow you to customize lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
I guess I must be a rare bird. I don't like most of the Toyota stuff. It seems like a bunch of "fluff" nonsense that I wouldn't even notice anyway. Also the red/black interior in the Toyota makes it looks very very tacky. I don't even like the red accents on the shoulder part of the seats in the Scion.

I do like the BRZ/GT86 head lights though but the Scion/USDM tail lights are the best as they are less "altezza-ey". I don't like my car looking like an Ebay Special.

Underbody trays: I would like all of those
Badges: inconsequential
KeyFob: inconsequential
Push Button start: eh.. don't care. Owned an S2k and the PBS wasn't anything to spend more $$ for.
Frameless Mirror: inconsequential
EntryDoor courtesy light: inconsequential
Clear Side markers: inconsequential (and kind of ricey looking just like the JDM tail lights and multi color interior.)
Duel Climate control: This isn't a bad feature for anyone who travels with a girl on the other side of the car... Girls run at different temps then guys. What I think would be better then dual climate would be an option for heated seats.

And that's just one man's opinion. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Edit: BTW, very good compilation and interesting to know the differences.
Too each their own. That is the joy of options, if you don't like something you can pick something else or remove it entirely. However, forcing everyone into one thing and not giving a choice? That's just wrong. I personally like the coloured interior, it's very much like my current Celica only mine is blue instead of red. I see it as being very boring without it and forcing me into it something I don't want just makes me walk away. I'm sure you'd be the same if the positions were reversed.

The fact that Scion claims customization and individual expression, then limits with a mono-spec is a huge fail and contradiction.

I love when people comment about "altezza" lights. Funny thing about those, they're called that because they started on the Toyota Altezza (Lexus IS in N.A.) They are a Toyota thing, the ebay vendors jumped on the band wagon and blew it out of proportion though. Just like Lambo doors.

Keep enjoying your personal preference and stick to it, I know I will, as should everyone.