Old 02-26-2016, 10:08 AM   #26
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clbembry View Post
Thanks for all the help guys! I think I'm going to go -2 on the front. One question I still have is, did you guys do it yourself, or did you bring it in to a mechanic?

I just had the guys at Tires Plus mount my wheels and when I asked about a custom alignment they said they could add negative camber if I wanted, but is this something better suited for a performance shop?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Anyone with an alignment rack can do it. Once you get aftermarket parts they can get kinda iff because they may not understand how the part is adjusted but you can just explain to the tech(these parts aren't complicated by any means). It's the alignment rack that's the important part, cause they will assist it and look at the number on the screen and adjust it again. I'd try to find a place that will cut you a deal if -2 isn't enough and needs readjusted.

Now there are DIY tools but if you don't plan on changing it often I'd just go to a shop. Also I suppose you could use a protractor app on your phone? I've never done this, I dunno how accurate it is, but it seems like it should work if you put a flat plate on the face off your wheel to measure on. Then you could get it really close to what you want for free and just have a shop even it up
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
clbembry (02-26-2016)