View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 11:22 AM   #1570
Dadillac

Drives: 2018 Ford Mustang EB Premium 6M
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
The Raceseng shift knob and reverse lock out came yesterday. Install started yesterday and finished today. One important key piece of information that I did not see anywhere. The pin that attaches the reverse lock out is a roll pin. I used a punch that was a little too small and it jammed into the roll pin. That made removing the pin impossible as now the diameter of the pin was larger. Long story short a lot of cutting etc later I had to remove the shifter to remove the pin. Once I finally got the pin out the install went smoothly. That is after reinstalling the shifter and center console. During shifter removal I had a major issue with the rubber boot covering the shift rod to shifter connection. As many others have had. I just ripped the damned thing out. I am sure the boot was there for a reason but I am now bootless. Time will tell if that boot is really that important. After all said and done my review mirrors all others here. Great size great feel less notchiness. And it looks great too

Don
Attached Images