Old 12-08-2019, 04:12 PM   #1796
BA9092
Captain Slow

Drives: '18 BRZ Limited PP 6MT ISM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxis View Post
Still don't get the whole comparison of a $49k Supra people will be able to walk out the door with at $45k to a $60k C8 that people will likely have to pay $75k-80k out the door for. Doesn't make much sense to me. Even at a magical vaporware $60k where somehow a dealer is willing to let GM eat $20k in losses and take nothing for itself, the C8 is still 33% more expensive than a Supra.
Recently, my brother was looking at the Rav4 so we visited a few local Toyota dealerships. I took the liberty to pick at some salesmen about the Supra. Most of them are selling at MSRP. No crazy markups here in TX that I've noticed - not even online.

Maybe the launch frenzy has leveled off? Maybe the C8 is taking the spotlight of 'newest sports car?'

Even the few financially blessed "i just bought the new Supra!" YouTube reviewers have mentioned they didn't pay any markups either. (But I'm sure they'd either get their ego slayed or flamed by their fans/subscribers if they did.)

Regardless, word is out that GM is taking a loss with any C8 selling for under $80k, according to multiple online sources/articles. I doubt anyone has bought/ordered the "base" C8 for the infamous $59k price point. My guess would be a markup and/or spec'd up to $80k...if not more.

I took a peek over at the Corvette forums and there's a lot of info on MSRP with and without markups, but most are deposits on orders still. (I didn't dig too much since the C8 doesn't appeal to me as much as the Supra.)

Anyway, only time will when the fortunate few begin taking delivery and dish out their purchase experiences.
BA9092 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BA9092 For This Useful Post:
Atmo (12-09-2019)