Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Think this is a great idea but a couple of points of clarification before I enter mine.
Not really sure how you mean to compile the list and have it fixed in one place. Copy and paste our info where?

What about those of us that have had several positions or jobs? Separate entries for each? Mine could be complicated to look through the details if I tried to list all of what I have done/do.
Just copy and paste the last person who added their name/info into a new post and add your info, then post it.

Maybe just current job or one you feel you can advise about the best. Or Add multiple entries if you are a renaissance man like yourself.
I also have cooked, mixed paint, installed irrigation sprinklers and could probably answer most questions about that too but it's been a while...20+ years ago.

So if you do join in it would look like this with multiple entries:

French fry cook -------- Zeek Smith -------- French fry and onion ring master chef
concrete and travertine pavers, acrylic decking ------- @Impureclient ------- pool deck, driveway, walkway, patio
Exotic Dancer -------- @Tcoat -------- Dancer, stripper, model
Nuclear Physicist ------- @Tcoat ------ Making bombs, yo!

...But edit out what I put in and add your real info unless I got some of that correct.

When I did the Excel thing, I had to add all the info that was already put in a thread, about 100 entries or so so instead of reading through hundreds of posts it was all easy access.
Now that one I made has about 170 entries and you can find exactly what you need in seconds.
So the sooner this is all accepted, the sooner an Excel spreadsheet makes it easier to peruse the list and find who/what you need. Just copy and pasting the list over and over works really too
as all you have to do is look at the last person who responded in here and that will be the updated list.

Edit: Thinking about this it's probably best that the Excel thing doesn't happen since anybody can log into it and screw it up hardcore since it's able to be edited by all. So if somebody gets banned in here for being a tool they can just go to the Spreadsheet and screw it all up if they wanted or just mess with it because ...human. Keeping the list at the last post up to date makes it only current members editable and if any funny business happens you can see who exactly did what. That's why I didn't post a link to the Excel spreadsheet gun one I made above so if somebody reading this hates guns, they could get in there and screw up hours worth of work I did to make that one. It's buried deep in a gun site I frequent but is very accessible to anybody needing that info and used often.
Edit 2: I knew @Tcoat entries would be intimidating. We are lucky to have him in here.

Last edited by Impureclient; 05-04-2017 at 09:02 PM.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote