Old 04-04-2019, 01:55 PM   #19
Will BRZ
Damn that's crazy...

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdavidx View Post
I don't really get why people will call a 2 series a 'step up' or an upgrade and why they insist on calling the twins 'entry level'. Less expensive doesn't mean inferior and personally I see having to spend less money on a rapidly depreciating asset as a 'step up'. I had an M235 and I sold it to buy an 86. BMW was more luxurious and powerful, but the 86 handles better, is more engaging to drive, and significantly more reliable (plus having a spare tire is amazing).

The two cars put up surprisingly comparable autox times, so I think it's fair to say that performance trade offs are not vastly in favor of one or the other.

I'm sure OP will have fun with the 240, I know I had some fun with my 235, I just don't know why on a brz/frs/86 forum everyone is so quick to sell our cars short.
Great points. The formula is there for both cars: small, RWD, coupes with great handling characteristics. One has more power and is more luxurious than the other but it really comes down to what the driver wants. Some people value power over better handling and that’s fine. Some people prefer the better interior while to some people it’s not worth twice the price of a BRZ. I do agree that the BRZ is more engaging and of course more reliable. Both are great cars no doubt but like with everything; it all comes down to preference
Will BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Will BRZ For This Useful Post:
xdavidx (04-04-2019)