carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
^ Thanks for the update. I wasn't sure if it was common, but I had only seen it on that one Inside Line dyno.

Since it sounds like you're familiar with that, you mentioned it has to do with the boxer design... what about it causes it? And why can't it be remedied from the factory (or why isn't it)?
im pretty sure toyota knew there would be a dip right there from the get go, im pretty sure it was also considered when looking at DD gas mileage.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...200#post204200

this is the first 86 owner in the US and hes getting 27~30 mpgs with spirited driving and fast highway cruising speeds

from reading a lot of different threads I imagine the dip comes form a collection of these things:
1: header design due to boxer shape
2: harmonics
3: cam phasing
4: gas mileage(pretty sure the dip wouldnt look as bad if they didnt tune gas mileage into the equation)

some people say its the direct injection, but i disagree, when the car has the pedal to the ground, Direct Injection is always on
when we can get this car on a dyno and study timing, a/f ratios, duty cycles for port and direct injection, bench flow the heads, ect ect

we wont know for sure what this engine is capable of... but im excited for the first 10 years this car is out.... lots of dif mods, ill probably have 2-3 engines in my garage in 5 years just for tinkering :P

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote