Old 11-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #136
Tristor

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2subaru View Post
How is the NVH from all the SPL parts (heim joint bearing) I wouldn't expect much being they are teflon lined but am curious. I am thinking about going the same route myself. I've heard noting but positive things about the feel.

They're surprisingly quiet given how solid it is. You will definitely hear them if you go over a good bump / dip / pothole, but generally they are quiet when flexing. On the down side, though, you will definitely feel a reduction in ride quality due to losing the play that was in the factory bushings. It's hard to put into words, but the best way I can think to to visualize it is that it's about the equivalent additional harshness of going 2-3 clicks stiffer on my dampers.

The flip side of all that, is when you find some good asphalt the car feels basically perfect. It's like driving a go kart, steering response is immediately with no slop, changes in road angle or going into a curve feels like it sets immediately and weight transfer occurs more quickly. It really feels great.

It's also a bit difficult for me to judge NVH in isolation because I've done so many other things to the car which affect NVH.
Tristor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tristor For This Useful Post:
new2subaru (11-05-2019), Racecomp Engineering (11-05-2019), WC-BRZ (11-06-2019)