SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
Sorry if I came across harsh. And you are right, you can definitely work through it most of it. Vortech is going to have a lot more competition so it's the little things that can help them build customer confidence.

You have serious balls for doing this yourself in your driveway. I constantly thought this at the shop, if I had to do it alone I would quit.
Honestly, if I had to do it all over again, I probably would have made sure I had someone to help me. The two things that challenged me the most without an extra pair of hands were the mounting of the charger (damn that thing is awkward to handle and bolt in at the same time), mounting of the radiator (even with an extra pair of hands it sounds like it's still a pain in the ass). The fan belt was actually pretty easy for me without any help. I'm not sure how I managed to make it a non-issue but everyone else I spoke to said the belt was a pain in the ass. I believe I used one of the smooth pulleys instead of a ribbed one as the last point to fit it on to, and I put a crescent wrench on the tensioner from the bottom which gave me plenty of room to detension the belt.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote