View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #76
Captain Insano

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler RubiconX
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not trying to make you mad. All I am saying is you don't know for a fact if the MT driver was power shifting (no-lift shift) or regular shifting. Also, I thought this AT REALLY depends on what mode you are in and at what RPM dictate how fast it shifts. It's fast for an AT shift, but not as fast as say the LFA AT. Finally, you don't know how the AT was driven either, if it was in regular auto, auto sport, or paddle shifting. Yes, all those make a very big difference in a straight line. Auto is slowest. Auto sport is more aggressive, but I bet slower than paddle shifting to redline as I think Auto sport shifts well before redline in some of the lower gears (if memory serves me correctly - I will need to test that next time I drive it). Paddle shifting if driven properly is fastest if the right shift points are used (again, another wildcard we don't know even if they did paddleshift, at what RPM did the driver shift??).

Not saying those other things don't affect the straightline speed (gear ratios in 1-4, very, very slight weight difference ~50 lbs), just that I think launch is the very biggest factor. This is if you can somehow equalize the driver factor (always the biggest factor!!). Sorry if you disagree.
Captain Insano is offline   Reply With Quote