View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 05:46 PM   #33
STZ

Drives: '15 WRB BRZ Sport-tech
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re_Invention View Post
Right, let cars and car guys be different. The single track-mindedness that brought so much criticism onto the twins from folks saying they need more power, they need more this or that, is coming onto the NSX from folks saying it needs to be light, needs to be simpler needs to be this or that. The irony is it's coming from the twins advocates whom ought to be more empathetic to the ignorant criticisms of calling a circle a square. And that's the reason why I'm wasting time posting here - it's a matter of principal in hypocrisy. People can have opinions but s***ing on something because it doesn't line up with their own world view is ignorant.
It's really not ignorance in this case. If someone says the 86 sucks because it doesn't have enough power, I won't care about their opinion. Likewise, if someone says the Mustang/Camaro sucks because they don't corner well, I won't care either. If they said that it's not for them because they prefer cornering or power or whatever I can totally get behind that, because like you said there are "different car guys". The cars are built for different purposes.

However, in the case of the NSX what is this? It's entire design philosophy is against what the details tell us. It's heavy, it has excessive amounts of electronics, and a really poor performance mark for it's price. This would be all fine if it were marketed and designed as a premium luxury vehicle, but it's not. It's marketed and designed as a sports car but built like a luxury.

What real reason would you want this as a car enthusiast besides to "show off", or just to have the "brand new toy" as @Dave-ROR said, because those two reasons are pretty sad reasons...
STZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to STZ For This Useful Post:
Dave-ROR (10-31-2015), strat61caster (10-31-2015)