carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
Thanks for the reply and also for the info. But on the topic of the dyno plot numbers possibly being due to intentions of better gas mileage, with a six-speed and its ratios, does anyone know at what rpms the car would be in when cruising at normal highway speeds (say, 60-80 mph)? And have any automatic FR-Ss been dyno'd yet? I'd assume that given that dip from ~3300 to ~4600 rpm, cruising speeds would put it at a bit below that unless you're going 80+ mph.
i would say its tuned for better gas mileage when driving spiritedly, shifting at 4-5k on public roads, the first frs owner drove spiritedly up to 4k and got 29 mpgs
my current car is like that as well, during the 3-5k rpm range fuel duty cycles are lower than at 2.5k rpms(less fuel is going into the chamber at 4k rpms per revolution vs at 2k) this also has to do with resonance frequency of the metal, in my engine the metals vibrate the least from 3-5k rpms allowing just a bit less friction thus less fuel needed per cycle, there was a big write up about it back in 2007 when someone was doing research and trying to figure out how toyota was able to achieve that, its lost in the newcelica.org threads , i cant find it anymore...

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote