humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,819 Times in 16,427 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathergun View Post
Hey guys,

I've been really busy with work lately and neglecting my FR-S, I had some time on Friday last week to hand wash my car and clay bar it back to near perfection (8k miles so basically new still). I ran out of time that night and didn't get any wax back on the car and drove to a friends the next night for dinner. I parked about 10 feet away from a tree as to avoid falling debris from getting on the car I just spent so much time on, and when I returned to drive home, I had little specks all over it. I thought it had rained for a second but noticed the next day that the spots were still there. It feels like little dots all over my car paint and windshield, literally everywhere. I then started researching and discovered that some trees can blow little sap drops in the wind and now I'm freaking out. My entire car is covered with sap. I've read that you can get them off with Denatured alcohol, can anyone confirm? Also, after removing them with denatured alcohol presumably, would I then re-wash the car and wax it? Appreciate the insight.
Yep, you got the right plan.

Isopropyl alcohol/rubbing alcohol/denatured alcohol will take off tree sap. Just use quite a bit and then wipe it off. Let evaporate then wash your car ...... then wax it.

....... don't park near that tree no more......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote