Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,180 Times in 6,836 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendogy View Post
I'll chime in with a starter budget:

Supercharger

You can get Jackson and Vortech Tune-it-Yourself kits at this price no problem, and Innovate Intercooled for a couple hundred more. You could probably get one cheaper if you ask around and/or kept an eye out for deals or sales and whatnot.

Tune

This $700 amount is probably going to be a little high if you plan to dyno-tune at a nearby shop, and will probably be a little low if you plan to do a remote tune since you'll have to pick up the ECUTEK kit.

Installation

You'll be installing this yourself on this budget, bub. The Innovate has a good reputation for ease-of-installation, and the Jackson instructions look stupid simple. The Vortech instructions scare me, but each to his his/her own.

Dual Catch Can

For catching blow-by oil and what-not. Consensus is that this is a must if you want a prayer of your supercharged car making it to 100k miles.

Boost Gauge

Gotta keep an eye on that boost. Over-boosting with a supercharger isn't a big fear, but you still need to keep an eye out for boost leaks.

UEGO Wideband

Gotta keep an eye on those AFR readings, you don't want to pull a nelsmar (I kid I kid).

Gauge Pod

Gotta put the pods somewhere

Scangauge II

This fella will let you see your intake temps, coolant temps, and oil temp. The oil temp is especially important because you didn't want to spend the cash for an oil cooler. You need to know when the oil is getting hot so you can ease off.

Obviously there is a lot of wiggle room here, it's just a starter budget for the noobs who come a'callin.
I'd recommend adding an engine oil cooler
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Deadpool_25 (04-23-2015)